Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What a Stinker


Last night we had another scare with little Miss Audrey. For the last few days, both kids have had runny noses. Yesterday, Audrey developed a fever that rose quickly. Around 1:30, her fever was 102.5, so I gave her some motrin. She took a very short nap and then was up and playing until 4 when she got real cranky again. I put her down for a nap and proceeded putting together Weston's new bunk beds. I decided it was best to wake her around 5:15. When
I got close to her door, I could hear her making noises. I opened the door thinking she was awake and found her lying on her side groaning with each breath, eyes shut, and her head lying in a pool of spit. I picked her up and she was shivering and starting whining/crying. She was completely limp in my arms. I rushed her downstairs to take her temp and it was around 103.
Audrey was just lying in my arms and couldn't keep her eyes open. I would try to get her aroused and she would just look at me briefly and then her eyes would roll in the back of her head or just start moving side to side. I figured she had just had a seizure. After calling Chad, my mom and the doctor (once I figured out they had extended hours) we all decided it was best for her to go to the hospital since she wasn't recovering quickly from the seizure. The doctor even thought she was still seizing because they could hear her rhythmic moaning in the background and they recommended that I call the squad. I however, knew by the looks of her that she was just in post seizure activity and from previous experience knew the squad wouldn't be able to do anything since it was over.
I called Chad and told him I would pick him up at Kroger since he was there picking up more tylenol since all we had was motrin. Before leaving, I took her temp again and it had spiked to 106.5. At that point, I started to panic a little because the medicine was not working.
Off to the hospital we went. They watched her for a few hours and ran some tests-all of which came back negative. We were there until a little after 10 pm last night. She started feeling better while we were there because she had both motrin and tylenol on board. Her fever only went down 101. They just told me what I already knew-keep dosing her and watch for more seizures. They also advised that if she has another seizure that we should have her seen by a neurologist just to evaluate her since she has a "history" of seizure activity now.
It was a long night, but we are glad the little lady is doing better. She is still holding onto her fever, so hopefully that goes away soon.
This is going to be an expensive year medically...oh boy. Hopefully we won't be at the er anytime soon.

A few weeks ago, we took the kids to the Germantown Metropark for a hike one Sunday afternoon. Audrey didn't last the entire hike...Weston was a trooper though and actually walked a little bit at the end. He absolutely loves being outside.

Update on baby! I will be 19 weeks tomorrow. This pregnancy has flown by. I am a bit more uncomfortable this time around and have more pressure and cramping already-which has really "cramped" my running style. I actually have taken a short break from running, but still plan on doing the half in early May. I will finish it, even if I have to walk the whole thing.
We have our ultrasound next Friday, April 13. We will not be finding out the gender though unless #3 shows us on accident.
This picture of me is at 18 weeks 1 day.
Our house is coming along slowly. I have started working on the landscaping outside. It was, actually still is, absolutely horrendous! With the help of some friends and hard working children, a lot of the weeding is under control. Now I am just hoping to get the weed barrier down and plant some color. Spring came so quickly this year that it is just getting away from me.

Speaking of getting away from me, this precious boy
will be turning 3 April 8th, Easter Day. By the way, this picture was taken a few weeks ago at a an early birthday party thrown by Grammy and Papaw Clark. I cannot believe how fast time has gone. I can't believe he was every this tiny!


Happy birthday to my little boy. I love you more than you'll ever be able to know!



No comments: